Known as “Buena Vista”, located at 379 Queen Street South in Kitchener, is an imposing 2-storey red brick Italianate style residence built in 1878 and later “modernized” with Queen Anne features. There is a central tower, projecting front bay, closed-in wrap-around verandah and many original decorative details.
It was built for J. M. Staebler, a furniture manufacturer who had originally intended to build a factory on the site. It was subsequently acquired by the J. M. Schneider family, but the Erb family were the longest-term owners. Ephriam Erb, glove manufacturer, purchased the property from Mr. Staebler and, later, his son Irvin Erb acquired it from the Schneiders.
In 1978 its interior had been altered significantly, and was converted into apartments and was listed in very good condition. Since 1978 it has gone under major renovations and has been converted to office space, currently housing IBI Engineering in addition to several other businesses.